Saturday, November 14, 2015

update....

You may already know that we just moved to a new house. With two kids and plenty of boxes, i have been keeping  myself extremely busy. BUT that hasn't prevented me from sewing a few pieces during my "down" time. I recently made a CKC Nova and a CKC Celeste, a Love Notions' Laundry Day tee (too die for). I have been spitting out projects for the holiday season. The CKC Nova is for my little lady's Thanksgiving dress and the CKC Celeste is for one of her Christmas outfits. Yes, I did say one of her Christmas Outfits. There are just so many events around Christmas that I have to create a different dress for each event. I will share pics as they come. 

This red and green Ruffled dream is the CKC Celeste. I made this one for their recent sew-along. Some have questioned the skill-level required to sew the Celeste up. Do not be intimidated by the sweetheart bodice, This is an easy sew. Stitch slowly around the curves and you cannot fail. The Celeste has button closures, so be ready to practice making buttonholes. The results are dreamy and really worth the practice. 

This natural beauty is the CKC Nova. The bottom rufflles will test your patience, so giev yourself a couple of days to finish this one. I needed to walk away from all the gathering at one point (it may have been because I was working of this baby late at night and my eyes did not want to stay open). :) I am thinking of adding a Monogram to the center of the bodice in a baby blue to match the trim. If this is a piece you will only use for the holidays consider embroidering words like "Thankful", "Celebrate", "Joyful". 


The Laundry Day Tee is a new, free release by Love Notions. The creations I have seen by other women of all different shapes has been inspiring and encourage. It is a quick sew and a great fit. Make sure to choose the proper fabric...so read the first pages of the pattern closely. Choosing the perfect weight and stretch makes a difference of the drape and fit of the tee. To get the pattern for free join the Love Notions Pattern Support Group on Facebook. 
I am planning to hem the bottom of this tee and the sleeves, but couldn't wait to share how great the fit is.
I made the tunic length version of the tee. I am tall and shirts do not usually give me the modest coverage I prefer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment